This agreement was written in English (US). To the extent any translated version of this agreement conflicts with the English version, the English version controls. Please note that Section 16 contains certain changes to the general terms for users outside the United States.
Date of Last Revision: June 19th, 2012.
Statement of Rights and Responsibilities
This Statement of Rights and Responsibilities governs our relationship with users and others who interact with battleaddictions.com. By using or accessing battleaddictions.com, you agree to this Statement.
Sharing Your Content and Information
You own all of the content and information you post on battleaddictions.com, and you can control how it is shared through your
privacy. In addition:
- For content that is covered by intellectual property rights, like photos and videos (“IP content”), you specifically give us the following permission, subject to your privacy you grant us a non-exclusive, transferable, sub-licensable, royalty-free, worldwide license to use any IP content that you post on or in connection with battleaddictions.com (“IP License”). This IP License ends when you delete your IP content or your account unless your content has been shared with others, and they have not deleted it.
- When you delete IP content, it is deleted in a manner similar to emptying the recycle bin on a computer. However, you understand that removed content may persist in backup copies for a reasonable period of time (but will not be available to others).
- When you use an application, your content and information is shared with the application. We require applications to respect your privacy, and your agreement with that application will control how the application can use, store, and transfer that content and information.
- When you publish content or information using the “everyone” setting, it means that you are allowing everyone, including people off of battleaddictions.com, to access and use that information, and to associate it with you (i.e., your name and profile picture).
- We always appreciate your feedback or other suggestions about battleaddictions.com, but you understand that we may use them without any obligation to compensate you for them (just as you have no obligation to offer them).
We do our best to keep battleaddictions.com safe, but we cannot guarantee it. We need your help to do that, which includes the following commitments:
- You will not send or otherwise post unauthorized commercial communications (such as spam) on battleaddictions.com.
- You will not collect users’ content or information, or otherwise access battleaddictions.com, using automated means (such as harvesting bots, robots, spiders, or scrapers) without our permission.
- You will not engage in unlawful multi-level marketing, such as a pyramid scheme, on battleaddictions.com.
- You will not upload viruses or other malicious code.
- You will not solicit login information or access an account belonging to someone else.
- You will not bully, intimidate, or harass any user.
- You will not post content that: is hateful, threatening, or pornographic; incites violence; or contains nudity or graphic or gratuitous violence.
- You will not develop or operate a third-party application containing alcohol-related or other mature content (including advertisements) without appropriate age-based restrictions.
- You will not offer any contest, giveaway, or sweepstakes (“promotion”) on battleaddictions.com without our prior written consent.
- You will not use battleaddictions.com to do anything unlawful, misleading, malicious, or discriminatory.
- You will not do anything that could disable, overburden, or impair the proper working of battleaddictions.com, such as a denial of service attack.
- You will not facilitate or encourage any violations of this Statement.
Registration and Account Security
Battleaddictions.com users provide their real names and information, and we need your help to keep it that way. Here are some commitments you make to us relating to registering and maintaining the security of your account:
- You will not provide any false personal information on battleaddictions.com, or create an account for anyone other than yourself without permission.
- You will not create more than one personal profile.
- If we disable your account, you will not create another one without our permission.
- You will not use your personal profile for your own commercial gain (such as selling your status update to an advertiser).
- You will not use battleaddictions.com if you are under 13.
- You will not use battleaddictions.com if you are a convicted sex offender.
- You will keep your contact information accurate and up-to-date.
- You will not share your password, (or in the case of developers, your secret key), let anyone else access your account, or do anything else that might jeopardize the security of your account.
- You will not transfer your account (including any page or application you administer) to anyone without first getting our written permission.
- If you select a username for your account we reserve the right to remove or reclaim it if we believe appropriate (such as when a trademark owner complains about a username that does not closely relate to a user’s actual name).
Protection the People’s Rights
We respect other people’s rights, and expect you to do the same.
- You will not post content or take any action on battleaddictions.com that infringes or violates someone else’s rights or otherwise violates the law.
- We can remove any content or information you post on battleaddictions.com if we believe that it violates this Statement.
- If we remove your content for infringing someone else’s copyright, and you believe we removed it by mistake, we will provide you with an opportunity to appeal.
- If you repeatedly infringe other people’s intellectual property rights, we will disable your account when appropriate.
- You will not use our copyrights or trademarks (including battleaddictions.com, the battleaddictions.com), or any confusingly similar marks, without our written permission.
- You will not post anyone’s identification documents or sensitive financial information on battleaddictions.com.
- You will not tag users or send email invitations to non-users without their consent.
- We currently provide our mobile services for free, but please be aware that your carrier’s normal rates and fees, such as text messaging fees, will still apply.
- In the event you change or deactivate your mobile telephone number, you will update your account information on battleaddictions.com within 48 hours to ensure that your messages are not sent to the person who acquires your old number.
- You provide all rights necessary to enable users to sync (including through an application) their contact lists with any basic information and contact information that is visible to them on battleaddictions.com, as well as your name and profile picture.
If you make a payment on battleaddictions.com or use battleaddictions.com Credits, you agree to our Payments Terms.
- Making Purchases
- When you confirm a transaction on battleaddictions.com, you agree to be bound by and pay for that transaction.
- Pay attention to the details of the transaction, because your total price may include taxes, fees, and shipping costs, which you are responsible for paying.
- Don’t commit to a transaction